Sunday, January 20, 2013

Soap Love

Many people love scented hand soaps. At Thanksgiving, they buy pumpkin pie scented soap. At Christmas it's gingerbread. For the rest of winter, it's pine tree. That's a whole season of headaches for me. People gift soaps, lotions, and antibacterial gels from that one store that's in every mall, and shoe-eey! Those products are heavy on the perfume. Don't get me wrong, coconut is kind of nice, but I don't want to smell like a 14 year old on the boardwalk.

Aside from Aveda products (love), there are few health and beauty scents I like, regardless if it's natural or artificial. One time, I bought a bunch of Mrs. Meyers soaps because they were on sale, and there was also a $1 off coupon attached to the neck of the bottle. Man. It's hard to turn down a good deal. I may have hoarded bought six of them. Too bad I had to give them all away because the smells were just too powerful. They gave all four of us headaches. Swear.

But finally! I have found the hand soap for our family.



It's unscented foaming soap from Whole Foods- their 365 brand. This container is about $10. Aside from the lack of smell, what I like most is the refilling situation. It pours more easily than regular soap, and this one will last us at least few months. Not sure about that, but I'll pay attention.

I used to buy Method and refill their containers, but those cute tear drop shaped dispensers would get so dirty looking. That's not cool. A dirty soap container reminds me of a public bathroom. That's not the experience I want for my home. It may just be good timing (as in- maybe my kids are getting less filthy with age), but dispensers for foaming soaps seem to stay clean.

I am now loyal to 365 hand soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment