Monday, February 4, 2013

Post Extravaganza

Shower
Left to Right:
Dr. Bronner's Almond Soap- LOVE IT. Mild in smell and on the skin. We prefer  Peppermint Hemp (blue label), but we switched it up for Almond the first time in 20 years. We will be going back to the tingly goodness of the peppermint after we finish this bottle. It's been three months! Prob have three more to go. Totally natural product, and reading the bottle provides hours of entertainment.
Everyday Shea Lavender Mint Shampoo-DON'T HATE IT. I don't love this. It actually is pretty harsh on my hair... which is dry as it is. But is smells nice, and it totes all of the natural goodness I look for in a bath product.
Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Cleansing Shampoo-LIKE IT OKAY- It smells so, so, so good, but it resonates. Most people would think that's a good thing, that the scent sticks around a day later. I'm not so keen on that. Also, like all shampoo, it dries out my already parched hair. 

Medicine Cabinet
 Top to bottom:
Barbasol- Not mine. No opinion, although it does not smell bad. There is one brand that makes my husband smell like an old man, and I had to but the brakes on that one!
Arm & Hammer Unscented Deodorant-The husband LOVEs this brand. For a while, I couldn;t find unscented in any store, so I ordered like 10 from drugstore.com. Since then, I've found unscented at our grocery. We've both tried hippie brands (like Toms and the crystal), but they don't really work for us.
TUMS- Yup. Nuff said. Sometimes you just need some TUMS. I've bough generic before. Haven't noticed a difference, but I just buy brand name... just because.
Aveda Pure-Fume Spirit Spray- LOVELOVELOVE. I swear that I hate smells, but I wear perfume. Huh? Well, this is the exception. I don't remember the name of the scent; as a frequent buyer, I'm in the system.
Aveda Personal Blends Hydrating Formula (moisturizer)- LOVE, but I don't use it that much. I already use the perfume in the morning, so I don't really need the lotion. I got it for free as a birthday giveaway.
Kirkland Ibuprofin- NECESSARY. Sure, Advil is candy coated, but this does the job just fine. I think this is way expired, but it still works.
Aveda Men's Grooming Clay- LOVE the smell. I don't use it very often because my hairstyle is too long for it now. Works well with short hair. 
Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid -weightless shine for all hair types-LOVE, but I had sticker shock when I went to pay for it. It does make my dry hair less straw-like, and it does smell pretty good. I will most definitely buy this again. The cheap stuff (Garnier, Aussie, etc) does not even come close. This is well worth the $28.
Kroger Cotton Swabs- Brand names cotton swabs are not necessary for me. I used to think so, but I decided to cheap out and get this pack. It's fine.
Tom's ToothpasteWicked Fresh-LOVE. I've stuck with this company for years and years. They've changed the names of their flavors (which was confusing). What's worse is that they made the tubes out of plastic. I was going to dump them, but I decided to stick with it.
Clinique all about eyes rich- LOVE I should use this daily, but my beauty routine is as sophisticated as a six year old's. I usually just shower, use perfume, and use lip balm. When I do I remember to use this, I'm grateful that it is thick and not greasy. I am always distracted when people my age have greasy eyes. Maybe I'm just petty, but I care about that kind of thing.
KMS Hairplay Sea Salt Spray- LOVE- Hairdressers always make my hair so pouffy and want me to embrace my natural wave (which didn't reveal itself until my 30s). I spray this on my wet hair, scrunch it up and let it air dry. While it doesn't have hold, it gives my hair just enough weight to look groomed. If I said it gives my hair a beachy look, I would have to hate myself

Bath Mat

Memory Foam Bath Mat- LOVE. Yes, you can wash it and put it in the dryer. Yes, it is awesome. I have two in this room and one in the other bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment